Thursday, August 18, 2016

Verruckt and What's the Matter With Kansas City?

Digging just below the surface of the Verruckt Water Slide accident, my mind kept saying in shock, "This is too good. This is just too good". Not that I believe a ten year old being decapitated is good. I felt the same way I always initially feel when I read or hear about a senseless accident involving a child who could have been saved if their parents hadn't have been  knuckle draggers with no education: I felt anger. I just knew this tied into my anger too well. I didn't know who I wanted to punish first or more.

There is too much acceptance and draw for being stupid in this society, in this country. Let's begin with the designer of the water slide Verruckt in Kansas City. Jeff Henry isn't an engineer. He worked with an engineer, (an engineer who decided fabric netting, velcro seat restraints, and small metal hoops would be enough safety for a ride going 70MPH),  but Henry himself was quoted as saying, "I'm not really a designer anymore. I'm an actor." Maybe he should have worried less about the Travel Channel show and more about the safety issues with his new ride.

Now. Here we are. Scott Schwabb. Donating to his campaign, like they do all of the ignorant and easily controlled populist republicans in this country, were the Koch Brothers. Schwabb has said homosexuality is a lifestyle choice,  marijuana doesn't fight disease, (who needs scientific research when you have the wisdom of Jesus), and like all uneducated Christians, is passionately preoccupied with abortion. Even when Jesus is at the wheel, bad things will happen to the stupid. Did Scott and his wife know the dangers and delays of Verruckt? Did they ask any questions, consider the size of their small son and whether he was heavy enough to ride this ride? Maybe Scott Schwabb should have taken his mind off of the Lord that fine Sunday and given his brain room to consider science and common sense.

As I am writing this I noticed the Schwabb family attorney is making the media rounds. Isn't it funny that the republican party beats personal responsibility into their followers, and yet Schwabb is quickly blaming someone else for his parental neglect?

This is What's the Matter With Kansas? and Idiocracy all rolled into one big ball of tragic hilarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment